Clinical Skills Training Center’s Medical Assisting Program uses the following criteria as outcome measures of the effectiveness of the program.
- Sixty (60) percent of those entering the medical assisting certificate program will graduate from the program. (MAERB retention is based on successful completion)
- Sixty (60) percent of graduates will find positive placement in employment as a medical assistant or in a related field.
- One hundred (100) percent of all certificate graduates will sit for the Certified Medical Assistant Examination [CMA(NHA)] offered by the National Health Career Association.
- Sixty (60) percent of all graduates will become credentialed as a CMA (AAMA). (*indicates years not included in aggregate)
- Eighty (80) percent of graduate survey responders will “Strongly Agree” or “Agree” when asked to rate the overall quality of their preparation as a medical assistant.
- Eighty (80) percent of employers will “Strongly Agree” or “Agree” when asked “Overall, this graduate is a well prepared employee?”
Ninety (90) percent of students completing the program will Strongly Agree or Agree that the overall quality of the resources supporting the program are adequate.
The objective of the medical assisting program is to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to qualify for entry-level positions as medical assistants. phlebotomist, EKG technicians and office managers, Since MA's are "crossed-trained" in a number of clinical procedures, they are capable of filling a variety of entry- level positions currently in large demand though out the healthcare industry. The program is designed to prepare the students to assist physicians and nurse practitioners. They are responsible for medical and surgical asepsis, recording vital signs, EKG's , administering medications, laboratory functions , administrative procedures including insurance verification and knowledge of procedure and diagnosis codes for billing, ordering of supplies , scheduling appointments and preforms all clinical duties expected of clinical medical assistant. Enrolled medical assisting students must download the CSTC catalog.
Program Courses include:
* Medical terminology, identify and understand the basic structure, functions and interaction of each body system.
* Law and ethics within healthcare field.
* Learn the pathway from patient contact through the diagnosis treatment, follow-up and financial aspects of medical care.
* Basic computer skills
* Hematology/ Lab assisting including Phlebotomy,
* Special Procedures
* Vital Signs
* Point of care testing
***Complete Medical Assisting / Insurance Billing and Coding ICD-10.
$4250.00 for Complete Medical Assisting Program
This course is designed to provide the students with an overall understanding and introduction to the field of healthcare, particularly as it relates to the multi-skilled Administrative assistant. This course includes introduction to healthcare, infection control, safety and emergencies, legal and ethical factors, communication and interpersonal skills along with skills involved in hands on application preparing medical records., setting appointments,. Discuss the pathway from the patient contact through the diagnosis , treatment, follow-up and financial aspects of standard medical care. Basic understanding of billing and coding principles as they relate to a physician's office, with demonstrating knowledge of ICD 10, CPT basic coding procedures to include insurance verification, EOB's.
*Medical Terminology, provides the student with an overall understanding of basic terminology principles, structures that are associated with building terminology words by using prefixes, suffixes, and root words. this course also includes basic anatomy & physiology principles that cover the body systems, their definitions, diseases and disorders to include diagnostic exams.
Class start and end dates are as followed:
JAN 4, 2021 ENDS ENDS APR 22, 2021 : complete ends on (5/20/21)
FEB 1, 2021 ENDS MAY 20, 2021 : complete ends on (6/17/21)
MAR 1, 2021 ENDS JUNE 17, 2021 : complete ends (7/15/21)
APR 5, 2021 ENDS JULY 22, 2021 : complete ends (8/19/21)
MAY 3, 2021 ENDS AUG 19, 2021 : complete ends (9/16/21)
JUNE (5/31/ 2021) ENDS SEPT 16, 2021 : complete ends (10/14/21)
JULY 5,2021 ENDS OCT 21, 2021 : complete ends (11/18/21)
AUG 2, 2021 ENDS NOV 18, 2021 : complete ends (12/16/21)
SEPT 6, 2021 ENDS DEC 16, 2021 :complete ends (3/3/22)
OCT 4,2021 ENDS Feb 3, 2021 : complete ends (3/31/22)
NOV 1, 2021 ENDS MAR 4, 2021
DEC (NOV 30, 2020 ENDS APR 1 2021
PRICES INCLUDE ALL MATERIALS.( laptops are required for course materials) AND HEADPHONES
Students are required to purchase and wear our scrubs we provide them at a discounted price of $14.00 for the set , $2.00 I.D. name badge, clinical practical supplies totaling $30.00 and closed toe shoes to every class.
EXAM FEE IS NOT INCLUDED IN COURSE FEE
PAYMENTS are made as followed:$2950+50=$3000.00 Beginning payment is $650.00. Weekly $147.00 bi-weekly $293.75. You can start with more and the payments will be calculated according to the amount. * plus 30.00 supply fee
$4250+50=$4300.00 beginning payment $1250.00 plus 30.00 supply fee. weekly at $152.50 or Bi-weekly$305.00.
You can start with more and the payments will be calculated according to the amount.
( some externship sites require back ground , drug and shot records which are additional fees.)